Maryann Billington has actively published articles, books, and other publications for over 30 years. She has also been a “ghost writer” of articles for publication by executives. She is a frequent keynote speaker and presenter at a multitude of conferences and events. Maryann is often quoted in articles published in journal and in new book reviews on topics ranging from the emerging workforce to leadership issues.
The Vampire Complex™ (with Janelle Diller and Lisa Travis)
Snowday!™ (with Peter Billington)
Sampling of Presentations and Publications:
- Leadership Trends – National Business and Economics Society (N.B.E.S.) conference presentation, http://www.nbesonline.com/proceedingsgateway.html, Costa Rica, March 2013 (with Peter J. Billington of Colorado State University – Pueblo).
- Engaging Executives with Creative Leadership Activities and the Application to College Students – The Clute Institute conference presentation, Paris, France http://www.cluteinstitute.com/proceedings/2013PFPapers/Article%20122.pdf, June 2013 (with Peter J. Billington of Colorado State University – Pueblo).
- Social Media Tools for Leaders and Managers. Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics. http://www.na-businesspress.com/JLAE/billington_abstract.html
Vol. 9, No. 6, 2012 (with Peter J. Billington of Colorado State University – Pueblo).
- Social Media Tools for Leaders and Managers, Presentation and Proceedings. National Business and Economics Society annual conference, Maui, Hawaii, http://www.nbesonline.com/proceedingsgateway.html, March 2012. (with Peter J. Billington of Colorado State University – Pueblo).
- Learning Agility – The X-Factor in Leadership Development, The Conference Board Workshops – Leadership Development Conferences, New York, NY (May, 2011) and Los Angeles (June, 2011), (with co-presenters Adam Ellis of American Express and Heather Barnfield of Aviva North America).
- Vintage Leadership – E&J Gallo Winery’s Leadership Program, CLO Magazine, http://www.clomedia.com/articles/vintage-leadership, December 2010.
- Integrated Talent Management, presented at the Financial Services Technology Expo sponsored by SIFMA (Securities Industry and Finical Markets Association), New York, (with co-presenter Alan Guarino of Korn/Ferry International), June, 2011.
- Courting Recovery and the Case for a Dowry, CBRE Skyline Journal, Winter, 2010.
- Innovative Business Education Methods for Leaders and Managers, Journal of Applied Business and Economics, presented March 2010; http://www.aebrjournal.org/previous-issues.html, Volume 11(4), 2010. (with Peter J. Billington of Colorado State University – Pueblo).
- Innovative Business Education Methods for Leaders and Managers, Presentation and Proceedings. National Business and Economics Society annual conference, http://www.nbesonline.com/proceedingsgateway.html, Kauai, Hawaii, (with co-author Peter Billington of Colorado State University – Pueblo), March 2010 .
- Driving Change with the New Generation of Business Leaders, Training Industry eSeminar, October 2008.
- The Emerging Global Workforce (keynote address at client event and article) CBRE Global Newsletter, May 2008.
- Fundamental Concepts of Adaptive Negotiations White Paper, with Terry Bacon, Lore White Paper, 2008.
- Creating an Epic Learning Experience, co-presented with Jim Brolley and Dan Menden of Harley Davidson, CLO global e-Seminar, August, 2007.
- The 2006-7 Management Forum Series (frequent presenter on emerging workforce engagement and leadership topics) throughout 2006, Executive Forum (www.executiveforum.com).
- Learning in Action: Tactics to Engage Learners & Increase Retention, CLO Global e-Seminar, (Co-presented with Lena Allison of Ford Motor and Barry Myers of Cisco), Oct, 2006.
- Adaptive Leadership – Preparing the New Generation Leaders! Executive Journal, September 2006.
- Book Review: Blink – The Power of Thinking Without Thinking, Lore’s Rainmaker Quarterly, March, 2006.
- Thought leader, Corporate Learning & Human Resource Forums, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2005.
- The CLO’s Role: Incorporating Change, CLO Magazine, http://www.clomedia.com/articles/the_clo_s_role_incorporating_change, September 27, 2005.
- E&J Gallo: Cultivating Change, CLO Magazine, http://www.clomedia.com/articles/e_amp_j_gallo_cultivating_change, September 27, 2005.
- The Emerging Workforce, presented to the Executive Forum in Portland Oregon, February 16, 2005, and (the learning implications) to the Thomson NETg Global User Conference, March, 2005.
- Measure the Value of Learning, The New World of Work, CLO Summit, December 2004, and at the HR Summit, March, 2005; Enhancing Performance Through Learning, The Concours Group, October 2004 (London, England).
- The International Corporate Learning Landscape, Chief Learning Officer Magazine http://www.clomedia.com/articles/the_international_corporate_learning_landscape, August 2004, and presented at Accenture Supply Chain Institute in Amsterdam, The Netherlands in September 2004.
- Gearing Up for Six Sigma, Global iSeminar, www.interwise.com; October 2003.
- Six Sigma: Quality Performance (with Peter J. Billington), Chief Learning Officer, http://www.clomedia.com/articles/six_sigma_quality_performance, July 2003.
- Training / Learning: What Fits Your Company? Chief Learning Officer Magazine http://www.clomedia.com/articles/training_learning_what_fits_your_company, January – February 2003.
- The Pursuit of Improvement: Preparing for Six Sigma, Global iSeminar, www.interwise.com, January 2003.